Slow Markets and Charlotte Homes - Bring the Two Together - Close the Sale
Today’s slow real estate market can be a difficult time to sell Charlotte homes. However, the fact remains that homes are still being bought and sold every day. Buyers are out there; your mission is to attract them to your home.
Here are a few tips for getting Charlotte homes sold in a slow real estate market:
Prepararation - Your home needs to stand out from the rest, including sparkle and shine:
• Make minor repairs: Patch holes, fix faucets and replace cracked tiles.
• Clean thoroughly inside and out: Including cobwebs, dirty carpets, worn rugs and getting rid of any smelly odors.
• Check your curb appeal: Mow the lawn, plant flowers, trim bushes, etc.
• Remove clutter and de-personalize: If it isn’t essential, pack it up or get rid of it, keeping in mind that eventually, when your home sells, you’re going to have to pack it up anyway!
• Straighten your cabinets and closets: Buyers will open them; make sure they’re nice and neat.
Staging - Hire a professional home stager or if money is tight, read informational home staging articles on doing it yourself. Here are a few quick tips:
• Carefully choose your window coverings, or eliminate them.
• Tie new bathroom towels with ribbons or cording for a polished bathroom look.
• Use colors to bring out the appeal in the room.
• Don’t forget the plants.
Good Marketing Techniques - A strong marketing campaign is a must. A few techniques you want to be sure you or your agent includes in your marketing campaign are:
• Take photographs with good lighting that show off the positive aspects of your home. If you or your agent aren’t ‘into’ photography, hire a professional--well worth the money you will spend to showcase your home online.
• Create a virtual tour that showcases both the inside and outside of your home.
• Display the photos and virtual tour on as many real estate websites as possible.
Selling Charlotte homes isn’t a quick or easy endeavor, especially now. Aggressive marketers are the winners. Taking the time to clean and stage your home, as well as create a far-reaching marketing campaign, can get that for SOLD sign displayed much quicker.
If you’d like to sell your home, let me create a strong, far-reaching marketing campaign to get your home SOLD. Give me a call email me today.
(THE best Charlotte home search available - no kidding!)
Direct: (704) 491-3310
GET THE CHARLOTTE PROPERTIES APP AT GOOGLE PLAY